Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Books I Like to Read to the Boys

1.)    The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman

I will always think of this book when I see a sleeping bear at the zoo or when I see the moon out during the day.

2.)    I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak

I love the last few lines of this book.

3.)    Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney

The great story of little Nut brown Hare

4.)    Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle

The big green toad saves the day!

5.)    Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by V. Lee Burton

This is one of the books I remember the most from when I was a child.

6.)    I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt

Who can resist a green bug eating alien from Mars?

7.)    Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown

This is a great bedtime story.

8.)    The Diggingest Dog by Al Perkins

About the dog who digs a well.

9.)    Brown Bear Brown Bear by Bill Martin

This is a great book to learn colors and has a great repeating pattern. There are also Polar Bear Polar Bear, Panda Bear Panda Bear, and Baby Bear Baby Bear that are very similar.

10.) Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss

A great rhyming book, as long as you can pronounce “Constantinople” and “Timbuktu” (which I always struggle with when I am half asleep trying to read).

Honorable Mention:
How Do I Love You? By Marion Dane Bauer
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

1 comment:

  1. Nice list here. Did you know that #3 is coming to life on the Disney channel, or just did? Are you a fan of "Goodnight Moon"? The author is a Hollins grad.

    ReplyDelete