Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

My Favorite Air Jordans of All-time


Section of my basement shoe shelf

Anybody that knows me, knows I have a shoe problem. Every since I was in grade school, I have had a thing for sneakers. I remember doodling pictures of shoes in school notebooks when I was younger. I have many different brands for shoes, but I have always been partial to the Air Jordans. I remember getting my first pair of Air Jordan IV's when I was in 6th grade! I wore them until my toe stuck out of the bottom of the sole. The IV's were the shoes Jordan was wearing when he hit the shot over Craig Ehlo shot during game 5 of the 1989 Eastern Conference First Round series game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. That was also the game that got me hooked as a Michael Jordan fan. The Jordan brand has started to release older "retro" Jordans in recent years. This has given old timers like me a chance to buy back some of those classic shoes from our childhood. What was the first pair I bought? The IV's of course! Here is list of my personal favorite Air Jordans through the years. Each is a link to a picture of my favorite colorways.

1.) IV
2.) VI
3.) XI
4.) XIII
5.) XII
6.) III
7.) IX
8.) X
9.) VII
10.) XX3

3 comments:

  1. I should have known you had something like this in your house. :)

    At least I can say Larry Bird never played for the Wizards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known you would make a Larry Bird comment! :) I told Anna how we use to argue in 6th grade about who was better, Jordan or Bird. They both were pretty good. Don't pick on my Wizards either...they are just setting themselves up for the draft lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I thought Mike was crazy and the only person in the world that cherished Jordans like this. :)I keep telling him to get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete